Monday, January 12, 2009

The Everlasting Tree

This Fanfiction is by: BedHead-RedHead You can read the original here : All Credit Goes to the Original Author

The Everlasting Tree

I lay awake and dream at night

Until the dawn rises to streak

The orange fire through the sky

And send me right to sleep again

Sweet descending bliss is alert

Cautious, waking, midnight daydream

He speaks so softly to me true

In a language I don't know well

My hands shiver cold and trembling

Beneath the frost lingering there

On the cloak I wrap myself in

To keep the bite away from me

A blow, a strike, a realization

Now I know what has been said

And I push it far out of me

My heart falls at the wintery words

I put my back up and I weep

Tearless snowflakes of my dreamings

Only a star can remind me

How solemnly it had ended

Beneath the everfalling snow

And with my everpaining grief

I sit with my back pressed against

The lingering, everlasting tree

No comments:

Post a Comment