Tuesday, March 3, 2009

CH 1

Written By:fang1108
You can read the original here:
All credit goes to the original author

I looked down at my black finger nails which looked especially dark against my pale white skin. I was sitting in my father’s castle, in my enormous bedroom with my sister Alva while we waited for the news of the upcoming war.

“Sister,” whined Alva as she played with her waist-length black curls, “why must we go to war?”

“Alva,” I scolded, “you mustn’t think of war. You know very well we are not like the rest of our kind.”

“Yes that is very much true Vena, but still.” she let out her black wings and flew to the mirror on the other side of the room, “where shall we go when Sauron comes to have the Dark Angels join him?”

“I have an idea,” I said, flying to her, “in our studies do you recall reading of the Elven Village?”

“Very much so,” she brushed her hair, “I am so glad that we do not have to be evil like the rest of these vile creatures.”

“Now sister,” I took the brush and combed through her hair for her, “remember that we are Princesses of this land so we need to be wise with hiding this from everyone.”

“Yes Vena,” she huffed, “what shall we bring with us?”

“Clothes of course, and sacks with supplies for our journey. But pack light, you do not want to be held down while you fly,” I touched my identical black hair and stared into her black eyes.

She hugged me, “I’m frightened that the Elves shall not accept us into their Village.”

I held her back a bit, “They are peaceful people Alva, and if we show them we mean no harm they shall.”

Just then there was a faint knocking at the door. The Beadle gracefully walked into the room, his black robes swishing behind him.

His piercing black eyes stared into mine, “Your father the King wishes to see you both immediately.”

“Right away beadle,” I nodded. He smirked at Alva, revealing his white teeth and walked out.

“What a creep,” she said as he left, “why must he always try to make me love him?”

“Because he wants power my sister,” I explained as I fixed my black corset over the black silky dress I was wearing, “I wonder what Father wants.”

“I believe it must be about the war,” she shuddered.

We exited my sanctuary and followed the dark hallway to our fathers room where he stood in his balcony doorway. The beadle held the door open for us and ushered us inside.

“Father?” Alva asked, “You wished to see us?”

He turned around, his long black hair hung at his sides, “Yes my daughters. I must tell you important news. Sauron has had Saruman to me to speak about the one Ring,” he said walking over to us, “I have agreed to join him. This shall benefit us in many ways.”

I bit my tongue and I knew Alva was doing the same, “Yes father.”

“Also,” he went on, “we have found the marriage arrangements to be finalized for you, my twin daughters.”

I heard Alva gasp next to me and I covered my mouth, “Who is it father?”

“The Duke, for you Vena,” he gave me a small smile.

“You mean Oriax?” I asked.

“Yes. And the Commander of the army, Stolas has asked to wed you Alva my dear,” he patted her shoulder.

“Yes father,” she bit her black lip-stick covered lips hard.

“They are both here to spend the day with you before we go to fight the Shire,” he seemed pleased.

“Yes father,” we both nodded.

“Now,” he went on, “go to your rooms where they shall meet you for the first time.”

“Yes father,” we said again in unison.

I whispered to Alva once we were in the dark hallway once again, “Do not fret Alva, we shall be long gone by tonight. Meet me at the town gates at midnight, get some rest and pack a bag.”

“We should wear Mothers old war clothes,” she suggested.

“Yes, they are much easier to move in.” I nodded as I closed the door and she walked to her room.

Quickly packing an old sack with an apple that lay on a counter and a few things I may need, I began to think about how Father would react when he found out what my twin and myself were doing.

I walked into my giant closet and pulled out one of our mother’s old war outfits. It was perfect, black boots and pants with a long sleeved gray t-shirt which was under a robe like top which had sleeves that reached right above my elbows. I put on the cuffs around my forearms and hooked the belt around my waist while buttoning the buttons to the robe which reached above my knees. The part of the robe was unbuttoned below the belt. On my left side was a place where a sword should go, but there was none there. I stared at myself in the mirror and smiled. I looked just like my mother.

She died after we were born. Our father send her to be killed once he found out she was trying to leave the village with us so we would not have to be forced to be wicked like our father. Once they beheaded her and took off her wings, our father made us swear to be loyal to him or that would be us. As five year olds at the time all we could do was agree.

Now that we are nearly one-hundred and twenty years old, and Sauron has risen again, we decided it was best to help our mother in the best way we could which was fight for good. I heard my door creak open and rushed out to see who was in my doorway. It was Oriax. He had pale skin, black eyes, and black wings just like every other Dark Angel. Also he was beautiful, just like the other Dark Angels and myself. He had the same clothes as I did on but he was in complete black. His long straight hair reached right below his shoulders.

He held out a hand to me, I placed mine in his with no other choice, “My lady.”

He kissed my hand and I did my best to not grimace, “Hello Oriax.”

“Why does the love of my life sound so upset?” he asked, seductively.

I faked a smile which pained me, “I have just not gotten much rest that is all.”

“Well my lady, once we are wed you may get all the rest you wish, and anything else for I shall be King after your father,” he smiled evilly at me.

“Why is that?” I asked.

“Because,” he tried to hold me closer, “you are the first in line to claim the throne and if you are wed, your husband shall be King.”

“Oh,” I tried hard to not to smack him upside his head, “when are you departing for the Shire?”

“Ah my lady,” he touched my face, “tomorrow I depart. You have all of tonight for us to be together.”

Great, I thought to myself.

“I must be going though,” I rushed, “I have many errands to run.”

He pulled my hand as I tried to leave the room, “You shall leave when I dismiss you.”

All I could do was nod. I spoke through clenched teeth, “I apologize greatly.”

“You shall kiss me goodbye then you may go to your sister to run your errands.” He glared at me.

I took a deep breath and kissed him on his cold pale cheek quickly, “Farewell.”

I rushed out of the room, running to Alva’s bedroom. After knocking five times in a rush, Alva ran to the door.

“Yes sister?” she asked, I knew she was pleading me to get her away from Stolas.

“We must be going,” I said, eyeing her attire, it was the same as mine but she wore a black headband to push back her hair.

“Yes,” she agreed, “farewell!”

Stolas called from the room, “I shall see you after then.”

We ran down the giant staircase hand in hand. She had her sack with her also.

“We must go now,” I said, “we must fly now to the Elven Village.”

No comments:

Post a Comment